Sunday, July 09, 2006

Happy thoughts

It’s a beautiful day today. The sun is shining and there is life all around me. I have taken the time today to notice that a few flowers I planted in my new flower bed have now begun to bloom. I didn’t even notice the buds forming. I also noticed just how bad my siding looks. Was it always this dirty? And those eaves troughs, just when did they fill with leaves?

It seems that I have been too busy lately to pay attention to the things closest to me so today is the day to reflect on all that I have been missing. Now let’s get something clear here. I did not say it was a day to do anything about it, just to reflect on it all! While I am in a wonderful mood I would hate to spoil it by actually doing something productive.

There’s a wake boarding competition I’d like to go see today. And after that a smile I need to deliver to a very sweet gentleman. Then I think it will be some more reflecting. I like it when this mood strikes me. A day when nothing really goes wrong, all is right in the world and I just smile. I am usually of a carefree spirit but days like this especially so.

I don’t even think I will make it to the gym today. I go there to relax. I know, you think gym and assume I work out but I don’t. I love the jacuzzi and the sauna. Mostly for relaxation and I just don’t seem to need it today. Maybe a walk along the parkway is in order. An appointment at 6 leaves little time for much else. Not much to say today but that I feel so grateful, to be alive, to be healthy and to be smiling.

No comments: